St. Mary of the Rosary Roman Catholic Church is one of the finest examples of a Neo-Gothic church in Ireland. Initally proposed as the location for the cathedral church for the Dioceses of Killaloe by that man again Bishop Michael Flannery, it was completed in 1896. The church was designed by Walter Doolin and constructed with limestone, Portroe slate and imported Portland stone by John Sisk Company.
The the architect Joseph Welland design the adjacent St Marys Church of Ireland Church, it was completed in 1862. The interior has Harry Clarke stained glass windows.